Mirror is the most fragile items that a house has. To shift mirrors to a new location is not the easiest of tasks. And if it is one of those expensive ones, you wouldn’t really like to leave it behind. So, in order to move your mirrors without any damage whatsoever, here are some useful tips!
How to Shift Mirrors without the Slightest of Damage
- First of all, you need to get all the materials necessary for packing the mirrors such as a proper box, some thick paper, copious amount of bubble wrap, moving blankets, different kinds of tapes such as packing tape, masking tape, Styrofoam, corner protectors, and permanent marker.
- Once you have all the materials, you need to prepare the packing boxes. The packing box is nothing but a box made of cardboard. You should measure all the dimensions of the mirror so that the packing boxes would be of adequate size. At Jai Ambay Packers and Movers, we have such boxes of various sizes and we can get those customized for our clients as well.
- Place some packing paper into the boxes before putting the mirror inside.
- Choose a spacious and clean packing area where you can pack the mirrors. Get a big table and put some moving blankets on it. You can then place the mirrors on the blankets for packing.
- Use corner protectors to shield the mirror frames because if the frames get damaged, the glasses will soon follow.
- Use the masking tape to cover the whole mirror in order to keep it safe.
- Wrap the mirrors with cardboard first, like a present, and then wrap those again with bubble wrap.
- After packing the mirrors, put those carefully inside the boxes.
- Write ‘fragile’ on some pieces of paper, and then stick those on either side of the boxes. This will remind you and others to be careful while handling them.
- During transit, place the mirror in such a way that there are no sturdy things near which could fall and damage the mirrors completely.
At Jai Ambay Packers and Movers, we offer you all of these services. Trust us to move your mirrors and mirror items without even the slightest of damage!